mharc-users

Re: editing and deleting messages

2005-05-18 14:09:41
On May 17, 2005 at 11:00, Marie-Noelle Dauphin wrote:

I would like to delete messages in my html archive created with mharc ......
If I use the command: mhonarc -rmm ........ :

 1/  I have a probleme with the .mhonarc.lck ( I bypass in deleting
.mhonarc.lck or i use -force but hes searches  of a directory  .mhonarc.lck
but my  .mhonarc.lck is a file ... )

mharc uses the flock method of locking.  Therefore, you will need to
specify that resource to mhonarc to avoid -force.

BTW, calling mhonarc directly may mess up the formatting of some pages
since mharc sets numerous resources when invoking mhonarc.  Running mharc
in verbose mode will show you the myriad of options mharc passes to
mhonarc.

 2/  the html files are really removed ,  but the mbox is not modified so if
make rebuild  the hml file come back ... It s normal ...

but how do I must do to  delete messages  if i don't want to edit manually an
delete lines  in the mbox file ?

There is no easy solution yet.

Anytime you do operations like this, make sure to disable archive
updating first, and then re-enable after you have deleted the messages.

One potential method of deleting messages from the mbox files is
to use a mail program (like "mail") to delete the messages.  The
program "mutt" has a real nice interface and can be used to delete
the messages you want.  For example:

  mutt -f $MBOX_DIR/list-name/2005-05

(of course, change the pathname to what is appropriate for your setup).

Mutt will provide a listing of messages in the file.  You can then
select which messages you want deleted.  You will need to confirm
the deletion once you quit mutt.

--ewh