mharc-users

Re: Threads question

2006-06-05 14:29:25
On June 5, 2006 at 16:54, "Miley, Shain" wrote:

Thanks for the link...I had come across that page before but I guess I am sti
ll not sure if what I want to accomplish is feasible.  What I would like to d
o is (since the mail server is MS exchange :-( and removes the in-reply to an
d references info) is to define the configuration files in such a way so that
:

When I have subjects like:

1)Problem on Ticket: 2006060500003
2)Update on Ticket: 2006060500003
3)Update 2 on Ticket: 2006060500003

it will look to use the ticket # as the definition of what is a thread and wh
at is not.

Since the original message-ids appear to have little use in your case,
you could pre-process the messages to set message-ids and references
fields to provide the threading you want.

Using the example above, (1) would have a message-id of:

(2) would have:

(3) would have:

For tracing/debugging purposes, you can save the original message-id
and references to separate field names (e.g. X-Message-Id-Orig:).

To do the processing with mharc, you'd have to process the incoming
messages before mharc sees this.  This is not too difficult.

You can set up your preprocessing filter to handle incoming messages
first and then save the messages to a new spool location that mharc is
configured to read.  If you use procmail to manage this, file locking
should not be a problem.

--ewh