mharc-users

Re: rebuilding archives

2007-02-17 14:48:30
On February 17, 2007 at 15:54, "Jon Buskard" wrote:

I'm trying to rebuild a bunch of archives I have, but:
1) running ./web-archive -verbose -mboxdir /home/lists/mbox-month
-rebuild eats up all the memory of my somewhat old machine, sshd gets
turned off by the kernel & I can't get back in without a reboot (don't
know if/when it finishes)
2) running /web-archive -verbose -mboxdir /home/lists/mbox-month
-rebuild on each list results in a lists.html file listing only the
last processed list.

Not sure about the specifics of your configuration, but the
all-lists index should contain all the archives you have.

Since you are specifying -mboxdir, it leads me to wonder about
your configuration since one does not normally need to specify
that option.  I.e.  The config.sh file should have a variable
that denotes the root to mbox archives of all your lists.

BTW, if you are using the latest snapshot version of mharc,
there are options to only rebuild specific periods of an archive
versus an entire archive.  There is also an option to have
the search index preserved to avoid rebuild the search index
(a rebuild of search index is required if you have changed data
in the raw mbox area).

--ewh