mharc-users

Re: Converting from mhonarc?

2010-03-02 20:45:27
On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 07:21:51PM -0600, Earl Hood wrote:
On March 2, 2010 at 17:00, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

I have several individual mhonarc groups.  mharc seems better.
:) I'd like to convert.  Is it possible to do that without
changing the URLs of all my mail?

Unsure what you mean here.  If you mean the URLs to your archives,
you may have to, but you could probably define some redirect rules
in apache so the old ones do not break.

If you are talking about individual message files, then it depends
on how you migrate things over.

If you have the original raw mail data, you can just import into
mharc, but that may result in different message numbers.

To clarify: I *do* have original raw mail data, but I don't want
different message numbers, so re-scanning isn't going to work.

All I really want, though, is the nice monthly breakdown and the
daily breakdown within that, and the searching.  I can probably hack
all those out of mharc, I guess.

-Robin

--
They say:  "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm  thinking:  "Does it even occur to you to try for something