mhonarc-dev

[bug #23937] layout messes up on nonprintable characters sent by pidgin

2008-07-25 18:00:25

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Linux
            Perl Version: 5.8.8
       Component Version: 0.2.7dev (git)
           Fixed Release:

Details:

pidgin's irc sends some weird characters which cause weechat window layout
(the nick align, nick list border) to shift.

I've attached a screenshot of the behavior, and also the output from /debug
buffer, with the weird three byte sequence highlighted.

pidgin doesn't always send these, but one reliable way for me to reproduce it
is to copy and paste a long string from somewhere into the pidgin input widget
(looks fine in gtk) and hitting enter.

may be a bug in pidgin but weechat should nevertheless silently ignore these.

File Attachments:

Date: Friday 07/25/2008 at 20:59  Name: pidgin_weechat.png  Size: 84kB   By:
bunz

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=16185>