mhonarc-users

mhonarc problem under DOS

1996-04-15 14:41:32
C.Huygen, I'm forwarding your problem to the mhonarc mailing list.
Please direct follow-ups to the list since other mhonarc users may
provide useful help (and I will be out of e-mail contact for awhile
in the near future).

Answers to the following questions may help in solving your
problem:

        o  What version of perl are you using?
        o  What version of mhonarc are you using?
        o  What system/OS are you using?
        o  Does the mhonarc.db file exist from your first run?

Since I'm not a PC user, someone else on the mailing list may provide
some better insight to the problem.

------- Forwarded Message

To:      ehood(_at_)convex(_dot_)convex(_dot_)com
From:    "C.Huygen" <C(_dot_)Huygen(_at_)Inter(_dot_)NL(_dot_)net>
Subject: problem with Monharc
Date:    Sun, 14 Apr 1996 20:57:32 +0200
- -----------
Dear Earl Hood ,
I hope I am posing my problem to the the right person, if not my apologies.
When I found Mhonarc I was quite satisfied, because I had been
looking for a way to organize mail on my PC. However, I
encountered a problem with updating an existing mhonarc.db:
1)I installed perl and mhonarc as instructed.

2) command and output:
\perl\perl \mhonarc\mhonarc test1.mbx
DOS/4GW Professional Protected Mode Run-time  Version 1.97
Copyright (c) Rational Systems, Inc. 1990-1994
Requiring MIME filter libraries ...
        mhexternal.pl
        mhtxthtml.pl
        mhtxtplain.pl
        mhtxtsetext.pl
Converting messages to .
Reading test1.mbx ...............................
Writing mail ...
Writing .\maillist.html ...
Writing .\threads.html ...
31 messages

3) So far so good; all expected files are there.
Update does not succeed however:
\perl\perl \mhonarc\mhonarc -add test2.mbx
DOS/4GW Professional Protected Mode Run-time  Version 1.97
Copyright (c) Rational Systems, Inc. 1990-1994
ERROR: Unable to read .\mhonarc.db

What's wrong? I tried several possibilities, without too much
understanding

May I should learn PERL, but there are so many useful languages

------- End of Forwarded Message