mhonarc-users

Windows MUA Suited for Threaded Replies?

1996-08-15 04:09:16
Dear MHonArc users,

Does anybody of you know of a mail user agent (MUA) for ms-windows
(16 or 32 bit) that includes the header line
which MHonArc requires for a threaded appearance of replies?
The list of MUAs that obviously FAIL to meet the requirements
is already impressive:

Pegasus Mail
Eudora Pro
E-Mail Connection
Microsoft Mail 1.0 (b2, don't know about b3 or final)
Netscape Mail
Graphic E-Mail

Given the current practice of reply header composition I tend to
believe that reconsidering the approach to response-threading in
MHonArc would be appreciated by many.

Recently I discovered an example of a Mailing List -> WWW gateway
that apparently uses some heuristic to discover replies with reasonable
success. They do not mention what kind of software they use. It
utilizes frames and looks quite nice. You might want to have a look at
http://www.sci-syscom.com/Enhanced/Lists/

Another question I have is which (windows) MUA supports the
text/html content-type (besides Netscape Mail, which naturally uses it
to forward a current browser page). To my understanding without that
MHonArc wouldn't recognize an html-attachment as such, or is there any
trick available to make MHonArc autodetect html content if it was
designated as an arbitrary subtype text/*?

Thanks

Detlef Ruschin                                HHHHHHH   HHHHHHH   III
Heinrich-Hertz-Institut                       HHHHHHH   HHHHHHH   III
fuer Nachrichtentechnik Berlin GmbH           HHHHHHH   HHHHHHH
Abteilung Anthropotechnik                     HHHHHHH   HHHHHHH   III
Einsteinufer 37                                                   III
D-10587 Berlin                                HHHHHHH   HHHHHHH   III
                                              HHHHHHH   HHHHHHH   III
Tel. +49 30 310 02 -365                       HHHHHHH   HHHHHHH   III
Fax  +49 30 310 02 -213                       HHHHHHH   HHHHHHH   III
E-mail   Ruschin(_at_)HHI(_dot_)DE