mhonarc-users

a date format idiosyncracy

1996-11-08 13:48:01
I manage several lists with members from the Ohio state government. Their
email has the following date format that is not recogized by MHonArc:

Date: Fri Nov  1 09:42:46 1996

As a consequence, their messages are not sorted correctly. Here's how
MHonArc ends up parsing the date:

11/01/19) Analytical Data and P2 Opportunities (0) (Art Coleman )

I was told they use wordperfect mail that goes through a Burroughs
systems gateway. Is there a standard format for the Date: field in email
messages? Is this a Wordperfect problem or is this the Burroughs gateway
altering the header? It would be nice to find a fix short of asking the
state government to change their software. (Highly unlikely in the near
term).

Any suggestions appreciated,
           GLIN Information Systems Support
Ron Emaus                              remaus(_at_)cic(_dot_)net
Great Lakes Commission                 313.665.9135 Voice
400 Fourth St.                         313.665.4370 FAX
Ann Arbor, MI 48103