mhonarc-users

Running mhonarc straight out of /etc/aliases with Majordomo

1997-01-12 03:38:56
Hi,

I joined the list a few days ago because I'm not running Majordomo on a
new machine and would like to get some web->mail action going, and MHonArc
looked like just the ticket.

The lists that are being archived start a new archive each month.  I could
run mhonarc on them monthly, but that means delay and some shell scripts.
What I'd like to do is add an extra pipe in /etc/aliases so that every
incoming message, aside from going to the archive mbox, is added into the
mhonarc archive.

However, I can't get it working.  I have this:

test:           "|/home/majordomo/wrapper resend -l test test-list"
test-list:      :include:/home/majordomo/lists/test,
        "|/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -add -thread -rcfile
        /blah/mhonarc.rc -outdir /blah -dbfile mhonarc.db"

And all I ever get are more unknown mailer error 2s.  A similar thing
works fine off the command line, so I don't know if it's sendmail, mhonarc
not liking the pipe, or what.

It looks like this list is being handled this way - does anyone have a
sample pipe they could show me?  I searched through the archives and found
a way to use a personal .procmailrc to automate addition, but that
wouldn't be a very good solution here.

Thanks,

Bill