mhonarc-users

Re: adding subject to mailto: url

1997-01-27 02:27:21
Chuck Carlson wrote:
Hello All:

When someone mails the author of a message, I'd like the subject of the
e-mail be the subject of the message.  I've spent several hours modifying
the source with no success, and experimented with the -mailtourl option.

Specifying headers in the mailto URL is not standardized up to now.
Nevertheless you can do it with netscape and it's build in mail tool with:

<URL:mailto:ach(_at_)mpe-garching(_dot_)mpg(_dot_)de?subject=It+works&cc=sanna(_at_)wco(_dot_)com>

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Chuck Carlson

Hope this helps,