mhonarc-users

Re: modern mailto:

1997-04-30 09:18:23
<MAILTOURL>
mailto:dev-access(_at_)world(_dot_)std(_dot_)com?Subject=Re:%20$SUBJECT$&Cc=$FROM$&In-Reply-To
=%3C$MSGID$%3E
</MAILTOURL>
These experiments leave me with the following questions/comments.

I am under the impression that the MAILTOURL is only applied
withing the formatting of message headers which must appear prior
to the formatting of the message body.  So far as I understand
the documentation, I do not have access to an URLencoded copy of
$SUBJECT$, outside of the application of MAILTOURL in the course
of header processing.

Use the ":U" modifier.  Ie.  To get a URL encoded version
of a message's subject, use the following: $SUBJECTNA:U$

If I am mis-reading the documents, or if one can do more than the
documents say, I would like to know, because I would prefer to
suppress the header formatting entirely and write my own links
below the message body, including mailto's with the above classes
of parameters.  So far I haven't devised a method to get the full
mailto: I want without leaving the headers in.

An example of adding a mailto link of your own:

"mailto:$FROMADDR:U$?
Subject=Re:%20$SUBJECTNA:U$&Cc=$FROM:U$&In-Reply-To=%3C$MSGID:U$%3E">

(The newlines are for readability only).