mhonarc-users

Re: Not Threading (Procmail in Subject)

1997-06-05 12:27:49
I'm trying to archive messages that come in to our Customer Service
dept, but since these are run through procmail upon arrival to be
forwarded to the right departments,
by the time they're responded to, procmail has appended the subject
line, and mhonarc no longer recognizes the message as part of the
thread.

Any ideas?

If a response explicitly reference the message the it is responding
to, then the subject can be anything.  Therefore, your service
people can configure their MUA's to define the In-Reply-To, or
References, fields.

Another approach is to modfiy mhonarc to strip out procmail
added stuff when computing threads.