mhonarc-users

Using MHonArc with Netscape Communicator mail

1997-07-28 12:53:24
I've installed MHonArc on my Unix mail- and web-server as a way of
archiving my research group's html-rich e-mail, which we produce with
Netscape Communicator. Everything is working as it should. The problem
I'm having is that MHonArc is really designed to convert regular text to
HTML, not to take HTML-formatted e-mail and re-convert it. When I pass
it Netscape's HTML-formatted message, it actually does pretty well, but
it places above each image a blank frame the size of the image. This is
an annoyance. Netscape allows sending the message in plain txt, which
works if you send the the images as attachments. The small problem here
is that the images are no longer formatted as you would like them --
they're all placed at the bottom together, which limits to a degree how
beautiful or informative the page can be. Is MHonArc simply not advanced
enough yet to deal with HTML-rich e-mail? Any help is greatly
appreciated.  Dan Colbert