mhonarc-users

Re: list and archive startup transient

1997-09-11 13:35:23
1.  I can't believe that you are going to start a new list
without sending a test message over the list server.  Let
procmail put this message in a mail folder and start the archive
with that message (invoke MHonArc manually).

I start a new MHonArc archive each month, from the same list.  So I
certainly don't want to have to send a test message each month.

My list (see http://www.armadillo.com/~zoo/LDsig/) gets handled via a
combination of procmail and cron.  Each message gets archived into a
file.  Every hour, that file is added to the archive (it's a fairly high
volume list, so all of the processing for each message was too much
overhead for my ISP).

Each month, the list rolls over to a new archive (very much like
starting a new list).  I create the directory, and update the symlink
that always points to the current month.  Once this is done, the next
time the hourly update happens, it's a new list archive.

MHonArc deals with this very nicely, and creates the archive if -add is
specified and no archive exists.

--
-  david d `zoo' zuhn  -| Montana Rail Link/NP, circa 1995, in N scale
--  zoo(_at_)armadillo(_dot_)com --|  www.armadillo.com/zoo/layout/ for info