mhonarc-users

changing the name of default file

1997-09-11 15:51:40
"Monika" == Monika Adamczyk <monika(_at_)omg(_dot_)org> writes:

  Monika> Hi,
  Monika> I just installed the mhonarc on Solaris 2.5 and started exploring
  Monika> Resources file. However I have one urgent thing I need to solve as
  Monika> soon as possible.
  Monika> We used in the past hypermail for mail archiving. The name of the
  Monika> default file was index.html, which in fact meant that if one pointed
  Monika> browser to /web.address/archives/listname/ - the main index would
  Monika> show up. We have a number of scripts which relay on this url and I
  Monika> rewriting them would be time consuming.
  Monika> Since Mhonarc is using maillist.html as default name I wonder if it
  Monika> is possible to change the default name to something else when calling
  Monika> the program and how it can be done? The only way I can do think of
  Monika> right now is creating the symlinks by hand ( but there is a lot of
  Monika> lists on our server) and then add them when a new list is added, but
  Monika> it is easy to forget to do it.

  Monika> Monika

I just switched from Hypermail to MHonArc at the beginning of the month
and dealt with exactly the same issue.  What you should do is add the
following lines to your rcfile

<IDXFNAME>
index.html
</IDXFNAME>

This will make the date index file have the name index.html

--
Wojciech Komornicki                                Dept of Mathematics
wnk(_at_)piper(_dot_)hamline(_dot_)edu                               Hamline