mhonarc-users

Permission problems

1997-09-28 23:45:57
Hello,

        I'm trying to use mhonarc to archive a majordomo list.  My problem
is that mhonarc won't append to the archive unless the directory is
writable by everyone and if all the files in that directory are writable
by everyone.  Is there a way around this?  There are lots of users on
this system and that sounds unsafe.  The wrapper program for majordomo
is owned by 'daemon' and the group 'majordom'.  I chowned the wrapper
to root but this didn't change any, it's still writting files as 'daemon'.
I added daemon to the same group as the directory, and set everything
group-writable, but that didn't work.  Any clues?  Thanks!

          -David

--
David Carlin  --  dcarlin(_at_)whale(_dot_)simmons(_dot_)edu | St. Ignatius
High School c/o '97
                                            | http://www.cleve.net/ignatius/
WhaleNet Project at Simmons College         | Call Sign: KB8YKF
Visit us at http://whale.simmons.edu        | finger acct. for pgp public key