mhonarc-users

Re: eudora mbx

1998-02-24 09:52:14
At 09:12 AM 2/24/98 -0600, Bob Fulwiler wrote:

I have a mailbox
ceated on a PC with eudora lite 3.0.  I want to ftp the mailbox to an unix
server and use mhonarc to make the messages available via the web.  After
reading the various faqs, mails, etc. I am confused about how to do this.
I ftp'ed the .mbox file and applied mhonarc.  It report 0 messages
read/created.  What am I missing here?

Eudora out.mbx files can sometimes requiring preprocessing, because of the
way they record dates, but other Eudora mailboxes can be converted easily.

First: Did you FTP the mailbox in ASCII text mode or binary?  It should be
transmitted in ASCII mode so the DOS end-of-line characters are translated
to the Unix ones.

Could you please report what mhonarc command line you used on the Unix server?

This type of problem is sometimes caused by MHonArc not recognizing the
separators between messages.  Eudora 1.0 through 3.0 mailbox files on my
systems have a line like the following before each message:

    From ???(_at_)??? Fri Feb 20 13:54:19 1998

MHonArc assumes something compatible with this.

Do I need the .TOC file as well?

Not useful to MHonArc.

-- SP