mhonarc-users

Re: Off Subject - - mailing a note from a script

1998-03-03 05:38:03
On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Paul Braunbehrens wrote:

So, my question is this, is there a way to include something in a script
that can be run from a crontab that send me an email message.

There are many many ways of doing this, but one of the easiest might be
to use the behaviour of cron in the first place.  If something called
by cron produces output to stderr or stdout, then cron will mail that
output to the owner of the process.

There are many other ways as well.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814