mhonarc-users

Re: can procmail be bypassed?

1998-03-11 13:10:20
Your sysadmin is a ninny.

Happily, however, the source for procmail is available

ftp://ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/packages/procmail/

  And, of course, Procmail is not required for simple archives.  I am
running a number of archives on FLORA and do not have Procmail
installed.  I can understand not wanting to install Procmail unless it's
needed - it's a great tool, but not necessary in this case as you can just
use Sendmail's (similar for all other mailer's) "|program" in the
/etc/aliases.

  I do use a PERL wrapper to separate into monthly archives for a number of
lists, but this doesn't change the format of STDIN, just checks the date
and sets the command line to MHonArc appropriately.

--
 Russell McOrmond, Internet Consultant: <http://www.flora.org/russell/work/>
 Consumer Choices!  http://www.essential.org/antitrust/ms/ipnmarch91998.html