mhonarc-users

can procmail be bypassed?

1998-03-11 10:37:54
I'm the webmaster on a server where I am NOT the sysadmin.

One of my customers wants to use Mhonarc, but the sysadmin
doesn't use procmail, and he doesn't even want it on his system
(he's a programmer, and has a thing about installing binaries for
which he doesn't have the code)

Is there a way we can bypass procmail? He's willing to pipe
the mail to another process (perl script, shell script whatever)
as long as it isn't a compiled program that might be doing
things "under the table" so to speak.

Thanks for any help you may send. Since I don't subscribe to this list,
and need an answer rather quickly, an email sent directly to me
would be greatly appreciated.

patmarr(_at_)rbdc(_dot_)com