mhonarc-users

Re: Bad Free() ignored with Perl 5

1998-03-16 12:08:03
Yes,

It looks like one of the Microsoft mailers did not properly encode mime
types:

------=_NextPart_000_01BCCF5A.4308FCC0

Some idiot at Microsoft probably thought everyone used file extensions
to define the content of attachments under mime.

I plan to notify any senders with this disfigured "format" that their
mailer system needs to be updated.

ALSO:

FIle names: I understand the duplicate filenames issue. I also noticed
the mention of an unnamed "security issue" and utilization of a seperate
directory. It that on a per file basis? Do you mean Trojan horses as
attachements? Are "../" not removed from filenames? Sorry, I fail to
understand the point.

--WV

Earl Hood wrote:

Check the message itself.  I bet the content-type for the attachment
is application/octet-stream.

See the MIMEFILTERS resource if you want MHonArc to use filenames
listed in the message (make note of the security issues mentioned).

----