mhonarc-users

Re: filers?

1998-04-30 10:33:32
On April 30, 1998 at 11:09, Candace Carter - Sun Toronto SE wrote:

I am at present working with the mail expert in my office to get the mail
messages piped directly to mhonarc but we are running into a problem.

the following message came back from the mailer daemon:

   ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
"|/net/suncamp/webserver/public_html/notice/mhonarc -- - -outdir
/net/suncamp/webserver/public_html/notice/notes -rcfile
/net/suncamp/webserver/public_html/notice/rcnote -add"  (unrecoverable error)
    (expanded from: <noticeboard(_at_)oasis>)

The "--" on the command-line shuts off any subsequent options parsing.
Hence, everything after it is treated as non-option arguments, which
would be names of mail folders.  I.e.  "-outdir" and everything that
follows is treated as input mail folders.

For piping via sendmail, the use of "-- -" is not needed.  Something
like the following will work:

"|/net/suncamp/webserver/public_html/notice/mhonarc -add
-outdir /net/suncamp/webserver/public_html/notice/notes
-rcfile /net/suncamp/webserver/public_html/notice/rcnote"

(newlines added for readability, it should be a single line)

BTW, all command-line options have to be specified before any non-option
arguments.

        --ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu      |      Electronic
Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME