mhonarc-users

Getting MHonArc to archive a mailing list

1998-05-29 11:19:23
  I've been trying to set up MHonArc and procmail to automatically archive
mailing-list messages I get, and well, I've got close-ish but have been
unable to get it working.

  I seem to have got procmail working fully (the test cases in docs work
perfectly) but I can't quite seem to get the forwarded messages to call
MHonArc properly.

  Basically what I have is a system with MHonArc and procmail.  Email comes
into my main email account, and if the mail has the "To" field as
"list(_at_)etc(_dot_)com" I want the system to add this message to the archive.
(I also would quite like to have a message in my inbox too)

  I've tried some of the cases in the MHonArc FAQ, and either they are
quite what I want, or I can't seem to get them to work.

  So, I have a number of problems:

(1)  Do I need to explicity create the MHonArc archive first, or will the
first "mhonarc -add" do that for me?

(2)  What exactly do I need to put in my .procmailrc and .procmail/rc.blah
files.

Currently I have as a test case:

.procmailrc
===========

#
VERBOSE=off

#
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail

#
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail

LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
#INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.testing
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.maillists
MHHOME=$HOME/kent-grads
MHONARC='/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -add -quiet -umask 022 -idxfname index.html'

.procmail/rc.maillists
======================

:0:
* ^Subject:.*test
|/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -add -quiet -umask 022 -idxfname index.html -outdir
$HOME/kent-grads

==

It's matching on subject so I can test it easier, and it's using explicit
paths to reduce the possibility of errors.

The last few lines of my procmail log go like this:

Illegal option -t
procmail: Couldn't determine implicit lockfile from "/usr/local/bin/mhonarc"