mhonarc-users

Re: Is mhonarc year 2000 compliant

1998-06-15 19:39:02
On June 15, 1998 at 16:32, "Paul J. Sala" wrote:

Is mhonarc year 2000 compliant? Are there any
any caveats to beware of?

Just a warning, do not ask this questions on the Perl newsgroups.

I've searched the FAQ and the mail archives
and found no answers.

MHonArc is as compliant as Perl is.  As Perl is as compliant as
the system it was built in is.  I.e.  If the OS/hardware can
handle year 2000, so can Perl and MHonArc.

MHonArc stores dates in Unix seconds time (and actually, the original
string version of the date is stored also).  So currently, it is
more of a year 2038 problem.

Note, the $MMDDYY$ family of resource variables will have YYYY versions
available in the next release.

With all this said, I do not promise anything.  I do not need lawyers
breathing down my neck for software that I make available for free.
The best way to find out is to test it.  Set your system to 2000+
and send messages to MHonArc with dates 2000+.

        --ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu      |      Electronic
Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME