mhonarc-users

RE: using mhonarc with file instead of mailbox

1998-08-17 04:59:07
Sorry if I am wrong, but I thought that -outdir option is used to
specify the source for the archive, rather then directoryForFilesToGoTo.

this is my problem as well, so, I would be glad to get this doubt
cleared up.

Thanks, shishir.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathaniel Lockhart [mailto:natl(_at_)sybarus(_dot_)ca]
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 1998 4:08 AM
To: 'Yekaterina Lapan'; mhonarc(_at_)ncsa(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu
Subject: RE: using mhonarc with file instead of mailbox

If your file looks like a whole bunch of mail messages one after
another,
simply run:

$pathToMHonArc -outdir $directoryForFilesToGoTo -add
$fileWithTonsOfMessages

This is the command I use to add to my archive.  If the file contains
messages which have been added to the database, MHonArc will ignore them

but it will add any new messages.

Good luck

Nathaniel Lockhart
Sybarus Technologies Inc.