mhonarc-users

Re: mailto: links (another question)

1998-08-19 16:00:58
Would it be possible to twig MHonArc so that when it does encounter a
mailto: link (yes, I'm putting them in by hand!) it converts it to a URL
but leaves the mailto out of the text? I get a lot of messages that
contain lines like

E-mail: user(_at_)site(_dot_)domain

and if I manually convert these to

E-mail: mailto:user(_at_)site(_dot_)domain

then it gets turned into a URL, but what I really want is

E-mail: <a
href="mailto:user(_at_)site(_dot_)domain">user(_at_)site(_dot_)domain</a>

so that it looks as it was posted.

My concern arises from the fact that I maintain a list of scientific
meetings which I do just by copying all announcements I receive to a
spool file and using MHonArc to convert it. The e-mail addresses in this
case are really useful, and often they are not the same as the address
of the person who sent the message.

Bill