mhonarc-users

Re: An odd problem with Mhonarc v2.2.0

1998-08-23 18:41:41
On August 23, 1998 at 14:02, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

      The actually file that it gets the archive from has ~976 messages
in it, but the mhonarc -outdir currently has: 6600 msg* files in it.

      I'm using the following to create the archive:

      mhonarc -add -rcfile ../.resource -outdir 1997-01 \
              archive/pgsql-hackers.199701

      I just wiped out the 1997-01 directory, and am recreating it,
using the above command:

pgsql> ls 1997-01 | wc -l
     964

      Trying it a second time, using exactly the same command and the
same archive file, I should get 'No new messages', correct?

Do your messages have message-ids?  If not, then do not use -add.
See <URL:http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/MHonArc/faq/archives.html#dups>.

        --ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu      |      Electronic
Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME