mhonarc-users

Re: stale lockfile

1998-09-25 15:27:47
On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Christopher Lindsey wrote:

Have you considered implementing fcntl() instead of using lock files?
(...)
Perhaps MHonArc could implement the Big Three like procmail does --
dotlocking, fcntl(), and flock().

Actually I was more thinking of being able to use fcntl() if it works, or
otherwise use lock file (I was unclear).

Of course, I'm still in favor of wrapping MHonArc with procmail (or a
script that at least calls lockfile) and specifying -nolock on the
commandline.

Yes, using procmail is an appealing sollution. That's probably easier than
trying to finding out how to set parameters correct to fcntl().

Mats

Mats Dufberg
Mats(_dot_)Dufberg(_at_)abc(_dot_)se