mhonarc-users

problems with author sorting

1998-09-27 21:18:58
I have recently installed MHonArc 2.3.0beta to allow web access to a
majordomo mailing list I run.  I have successfully installed, configured
and customized most everything without any problems and I especially love
the ability to be able to customize all of the pages.

I am having a problem however with author sorting.  The subjects on the
author.html page created by MHonArc are not linked to the correct messages.
 For example, listed under author1, I have a message subject that is
actually from author2, but the link to this message is to a message by
author1.  Also, author2's name doesn't show up anywhere on the page.

I have searched through the archives and web site and changed numerous
resources variables but have had no luck in getting this corrected.  I do
have both a main resource.rc file and an author.rc file (see below).

Also, several authors on the author sort appear more than once on the
author.html page created and I have noticed this on one of the sites listed
under the third party links as well.  Is there some better way of sorting
so each author only shows once (on a file with only 12 messages, I have the
same author showing up 4 different times, all with the same exact name and
email address.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Jerry Preeper
preeper(_at_)cts(_dot_)com

My resource.rc file is as follows (with authors.rc file below it):

<!-- MHonArc resource file
  -->
<MAIN>
<THREAD>
<SORT>
<NOTREVERSE>
<NOREVERSE>
<NODOC>

<OTHERINDEXES>
/www/usr/local/jerry/author.rc
</OTHERINDEXES>

<TITLE>
Mailing List
</TITLE>

<TTITLE>
Mailing List (by thread)
</TTITLE>

<MsgLocalDateFmt>
%B %d, %Y
</MsgLocalDateFmt>

<IDXPGBEGIN>
<HTML><HEAD>
<title>Mailing List</title>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff">
<a name="top"></a>
</IDXPGBEGIN>

<TIDXPGBEGIN>
<HTML><HEAD>
<title>Mailing List (by Thread)</title>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff">
<CENTER>
<H2>Mailing List (by Thread)</H2>
</CENTER>
<P>
<a name="top"></a>
</TIDXPGBEGIN>

<MSGPGBEGIN>
<HTML><HEAD>
<title>$SUBJECTNA$</title>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff">
<a name="top"></a>
</MSGPGBEGIN>

<!--=== Index Page Customizations =========================================-->

<!-- Have LISTBEGIN contain last updated information
  -->
<LISTBEGIN>
<CENTER>
<H2>Mailing List</H2>
</CENTER>
<P>
<address>
Last updated: $LOCALDATE$<br>
$NUMOFMSG$ messages in chronological order<br>
</address>
<ul>
</ul>
Listing format is the following:
<ul><li>
<strong>Subject</strong>
(# of follow-ups)
<em>From</em>
(Date)<br>
</ul>
<hr>
<ul>
</LISTBEGIN>

<IdxFname>
index.html
</IdxFname>

<!-- A compact listing template
  -->
<LITEMPLATE>
<li>
<strong>$SUBJECT:40$</strong>
</LITEMPLATE>

<LISTEND>
</ul>
<hr>
<strong>
</strong>
</LISTEND>

<THEAD>
<address>
Last updated: $LOCALDATE$<br>
$NUMOFMSG$ messages<br>
</address>
<ul>
</ul>
<hr>
</THEAD>

<TFOOT>
<hr>
<strong>
</strong>
</TFOOT>

<!--=== Message Customizations ============================================-->
<EXCS override>
sender
cc
bcc
content-type
importance
content-transfer-encoding
apparently
errors-to
forward
lines
message-id
mime-
nntp-
originator
path
precedence
received
replied
return-path
status
via
x-
</EXCS>

<MSGHEAD>
<address>
<h2>Mailing List archive</h2>
</address>
</MSGHEAD>

<MSGFOOT>
<strong>
<A href="author.html">Author Index</a>
</strong>
</MSGFOOT>

My author.rc file is

<!-- MHonArc resource file for authors
  -->
<MAIN>
<NOTHREAD>
<AUTHSORT>
<NODOC>

<TITLE>
Mailing List (by Author)
</TITLE>

<MsgLocalDateFmt>
%B %d, %Y
</MsgLocalDateFmt>

<IDXPGBEGIN>
<HTML><HEAD>
<title>Mailing List (by Author)</title>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff">
<a name="top"></a>
</IDXPGBEGIN>

<!--=== Index Page Customizations =========================================-->

<!-- Have LISTBEGIN contain last updated information
  -->
<LISTBEGIN>
<CENTER>
<H2>Mailing List (by Author)</H2>
</CENTER>
<P>
<address>
Last updated: $LOCALDATE$<br>
$NUMOFMSG$ messages<br>
</address>
<hr>
<ul>
</LISTBEGIN>

<IDXFNAME>
author.html
</IDXFNAME>

<IDXPREFIX>
author
</IDXPREFIX>
<NOREVERSE>

<AuthorBegin>
<ul>
</AuthorBegin>

<LITemplate>
<li>$SUBJECT$ ($NUMFOLUP$), $MSGLOCALDATE$</li>
</LITemplate>

<AuthorEnd>
</li></ul>
</AuthorEnd>