mhonarc-users

Re: Trouble with MHonArc archiving robot and NTMail

1998-10-16 09:09:09
I'm new to MHonArc, but a long time user of NT, UNIX, and Perl.

I've been trying to get the referenced combination to work, and have
followed the thread from January of this year (message #24 in January
appears to be the most pertinent and comprehensive review of this issue,
with the above subject.)

I've verified that NTmail does indeed create a valid RFC822 type message,
and I can capture the output from NTmail to a file and process it from the
command line on NT.  I've also verified the issue that Stephen Welch
reported in that a .lck directory is created and that is as far as MHonArc
gets when taking stdin from the SMTP server.

The messages from NTmail are indeed separated by a single period in the
first position on a line, and that was the only way I was able to
successfully get my test message extracted from the server -- I used the
following chunk of Perl to pull the stdin as delivered by NTmail to a file:

 open(OUTFILE,">\\users\\aaron\\test.txt");
 while(($input = <STDIN>) ne ".\n") {print OUTFILE $input;}
 close OUTFILE;

Nothing fancy, obviously, and it verifies the use of stdin.  I've tried
setting MSGSEP to "^\.$" (and variants) but no joy.

Has *anyone* gotten this to work with NTmail?  I really like the looks of
this program and would love to use it, but this is my final hurdle.  If I
can't get over this one, I'm SOL...

Best & thanks,
Aaron
--
Aaron Sakovich                 SunGard Huntsville Operations
256 971-5808                   alphaman(_at_)hsv(_dot_)sungardtrust(_dot_)com