mhonarc-users

Re: Problem with 2.3.3 install

1998-11-12 23:04:58
On November 12, 1998 at 11:41, John Beranek wrote:

  The error is:

  Error in option spec: "hash(0x1255ac)"

  (With a different hash number each time)

  I manually installed the new version (cos the install program didn't
want to run), but I don't think that's the problem, because I followed
the instructions in the INSTALL file.

From the MHonArc documentation:

   To report a bug against MHonArc, send mail to
mhonarc(_at_)ncsa(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu
   and please include the following information:
     * Version of Perl (can be retrievied by "perl -v").
     * Version of the program (can be retrievied by "mhonarc -v").
     * The operating system you are using (on Unix the output of "uname
       -a" is useful).
     * The exact command-line used to invoke the program.
     * Error/diagnostic messages from the program.
     * Any other information that might prove useful (eg. input files,
       resource files, environment settings, etc).

In your case, version of Perl and operating system will be helpful.

Since the install.me program did not run for you, I am guess something
is wrong with your version of perl.

        --ewh

----
Earl Hood