mhonarc-users

Re: MHonArc on Win 95

1998-11-14 13:09:38
On November 13, 1998 at 16:17, "Christine DURAND-GASSELIN" wrote:

I have the same problem than "Donald Seiler" (On November 10, 1998 at 10:04)
except that I run MHonArc under Win 95.

Version of Perl : V5.005_02 built for MSWin32-x86-object
binary built provided by ActiveState
Version of the program : MHonArc v2.3.0 (Perl 5.00502)
OS : Win 95
command-line and result :

C:\MHonArc> perl -w bin\mhonarc msgaa.aaj
Name "mhonarc::CODE" used only once: possible typo at bin\mhonarc line 41.
Error: Runtime exception

Make sure to get the latest release of ActivePerl: build 506, or later.
I sent a message to the list on the version I got successful execution.
I believe MHonArc worked under Win95, Win98, and WinNT4.0 with the
latest ActivePerl build.  Note, under Win95, you need to have DCOM
installed.

BTW, MHonArc is not -w clean.  If you use -w, you will get some
warning, but none should affect the execution of MHonArc.  Many -w
messages have been cleaned up over time, but some still exist.  It
is tedious work and not a high priority.

        --ewh

----
Earl Hood
earlhood(_at_)usa(_dot_)net