mhonarc-users

Glimpse 4.11 solved indexing problem

1999-02-27 08:19:57
Just an update on my earlier post concerning failure of the nightly
update from my wilma/mhonarc/glimpse system.

At the suggestion of Christopher Lindsey
<lindsey(_at_)ncsa(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu>, I
grabbed version 4.11 from ftp://tucson.com/pub/webglimpse/glimpse-4.11.t
ar.gz .

That seems to have solved the reindexing problem, and for the last few
days my incremental indexes have worked fine.

The only downside is that the license for that version does not allow
commercial use without obtaining consent from the University of Arizona.

Hope this may be helpful to some folks...

John Ackermann
jra(_at_)febo(_dot_)com
http://www.febo.com