mhonarc-users

Re: umask and mode of files created by mhonarc rw-------

1999-05-11 06:52:51
Christopher Lindsey wrote:

how can i have my files set to -rwxr-xr-x (755) ?

When I was using the XBitHack feature of Apache with SSI I
ended up post-processing the directory that the archives were
written to; something like:

   (cd $rcDir ; $mhonarc -umask 022 -rcfile rc -outdir $archiveDir; \
    find $archiveDir -type f -exec chmod a+x {} \;)

well that is exactly what i do now, but i don't understand why UMASK
ignores the exec bit... what is the reason for this ? or is it a bug ?

(although you may want to limit that to only .html files or something;
not sure if you want to interpret your attachments as SSI -- could make
for some funky Word documents or .GIF images)

well i do "chmod 755 *.html" only from my .procmailrc.

thanks for your help,

Alexandre