mhonarc-users

Re: version 2.3.3 savemem bug? (and a few other possible bugs)

1999-05-25 15:43:02
On May 4, 1999 at 12:38, Claire McNab wrote:

First, the archived messages were generated without the subject
appearing as the headline.  My outputted msg files just contained:

<!--X-Subject-Header-Begin-->
<H1></H1>
<HR>
<!--X-Subject-Header-End-->
After a lot of futile hacking of my rcfile, I discovered that it
depended on whether I was using the -savemem commandline flag: with
-savemem, there was no subject; without it, the subject is there.

The -savemem bug will be fixed in the next release.

The other odd thing which is happening involves the $msg$ resource
variable.

All uses of $MSG(TFIRST)$ and $MSG(PARENT)$ consistently return a
null value (""), which makes 'em rather useless :(

I still need to look into this.  Does the problem occur when not
using -savemem?

Even if they worked, I can't find ways of conditionally setting the
buttons for several of these values: it's very useful to have
resources such as <TNEXTBUTTON> and <TNEXTBUTTONIA> ... but I can
find no equivalent for other possible values of $BUTTON$:
FIRST, LAST, TFIRST, TLAST, PARENT.  Could this be addressed in the
next version?

Can you explain what you effect you are trying to achieve?