I have been reconfiguring my archives to make the layout conform
with the rest of my site, which I redesigned a few months ago, and
took the opportunity to upgrade to v2.3.3 of Mhonarc. I really like
the new features, but implementing them has not been smooth,and I
think I have found a few bugs :(
First, the archived messages were generated without the subject
appearing as the headline. My outputted msg files just contained:
This occurred regardless of whether I modified the <SubjectHeader>
resource: I got the same result both by omitting any definition of
it from my rcfile and by explictly including the default definition.
Other uses of the $SUBJECTNA$ resource variable worked fine.
After a lot of futile hacking of my rcfile, I discovered that it
depended on whether I was using the -savemem commandline flag: with
-savemem, there was no subject; without it, the subject is there.
This was replicated consistently with several message folders (all
Mbox format), ranging in size from seven to 300 messages; it
was consistent with several rcfiles, and also with no rcfile used.
I am using Mhonarc 2.3.3 with the DJGPP port of Perl5.004_02 under
MSDOS 6.22: the results are consistent whether I run it under raw
DOS, or in a windowed or full-screen DOS session under WfWG3.11.
I haven't found any other problems with this Perl setup.
The other odd thing which is happening involves the $msg$ resource
All uses of $MSG(TFIRST)$ and $MSG(PARENT)$ consistently return a
null value (""), which makes 'em rather useless :(
Even if they worked, I can't find ways of conditionally setting the
buttons for several of these values: it's very useful to have
resources such as <TNEXTBUTTON> and <TNEXTBUTTONIA> ... but I can
find no equivalent for other possible values of $BUTTON$:
FIRST, LAST, TFIRST, TLAST, PARENT. Could this be addressed in the
Claire McNab -- Claire(_at_)siberia(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk
"I cannot leave the future alone. I don't want it to go wonky"
-- Margaret Thatcher