mhonarc-users

Re: first line of message body in the maillist.html page ...

1999-05-25 17:25:56
On May 20, 1999 at 09:21, Gabriele Elia wrote:

      I would like to put, in the generated maillist.html  page,
non simply the subject, from, date fields of the mail message
but also the first 200-300 characters of the mail message body ...
I didn't succed by myself, someone can help me?

there is a variable or I should try to "hack" one of the
perl scripts of mhonarc? and which one?

This is not simple to do.  Once a message is converted, the body
data only exists in the message page.  Extracting a portion of
the data when generating indexes would be massively inefficient.

A possible solution can use a technique similiar to the one mentioned at
<URL:http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/MHonArc/doc/faq/indexpgs.html#attachments>.