mhonarc-users

Re: URL truncation

1999-05-26 16:52:38
On Wed, 26 May 1999, Pete Tedder wrote:

I'm using 2.3.3 and question mark "?" is processed OK but the ampersand
"&" is being treated as a terminator.  I don't know if ampersand is a
legal URL character but it would certainly be useful if it was
acceptable in MHonArc.

Thus this is treated correctly:

http://www.wired.com/news/print_version/technology/story/19136.html?wnpg=all

but this is not:

http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/dialectp.cgi?dialect=jive&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftbtf.com%2Ffaq.html

Ampersand is legal in a URL, but it is a control character in HTML. If it
is legal depends on its position:

            Legal, part of URL |                           |

                Here the ampersamd should be encoded as "&amp;"

Mats Dufberg
Mats(_dot_)Dufberg(_at_)abc(_dot_)se