mhonarc-users

initial setup to add new mail

1999-05-28 13:20:12

Hello,

I am having a problem getting mhonarc to add messages to the archive.
I've read the FAQ's and have been following the list, but have not seen, except
for a Jan 1998 e-mail, a solution to my problem. I would appreciate any
assistance.

I have tried both a cron job and in separate attempts also made aliases for a
new user, sdrc_archive
on a SunOS 5.5 node.  Here are my examples.
The aliases are right now commented out.

I've also tried a filter in a .forward file and that has not worked, either.

Cron example:
# to test update of sdrc_archive

15 22 * * * /usr/local/bin/mhonarc -add /var/spool/mail/sdrc_archive  -outdir
/usr/produ
cts/SunOS/html/www-oss/fss/testdir/sdrc

/etc/aliases examples:

 test for sdrc_archive
#sdrc_archive:"|/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -add /var/spool/mail/sdrc_archive
-outdir /testdir/sdrc"

#sdrc_archive:"|/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -add -outdir /testdir/sdrc"

forward example:

\sdrc_archive(_at_)dcdsv0(_dot_)fnal(_dot_)gov, "|filter"

contents of filter, with executable permissions:

/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -add /var/spool/mail/sdrc_archive  -outdir /testdir/sdrc

Thanks for any help!

Margaret Greaney
Central Support Services
Fermilab