mhonarc-users

Re: Omitting dum[my|b] messages when converting archives

1999-07-19 08:14:12
On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Earl Hood wrote:

On July 16, 1999 at 22:05, John Stumbles wrote:

    Pardon me if this has already been answered 1000 times before but
I can't find from the MHonArc documentation or FAQ (and the mailing list
archive is currently down) how to do this ...

Our server inserts into each mail folder a dummy message entitled:
    DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA,

I would rather like to be able to exclude this from my mail archives!

The only thing MHonArc supports for selective omission is support for
the "no-archive" flag in message headers (v2.4.0) via the CHECKNOARCHIVE
resource.  If you need something more sophisticated, you have to
create your own preprocessor, or use something like Procmail, to
massage the data before passing to MHonArc.

If your server included the no-archive flag, the solution is simple.

Sadly not - <sample>