mhonarc-users

Unrecognised variables

1999-07-31 17:09:58
Hello,

I'm sure this is probably an easy question, and it's Saturday so my brain isn't
fully functioning.

I am trying to set up a resource file to format my messages, in general the
blunders are simple enough to fix, but I want to be able to use the listname and
owner as variables. I have an older version of a resource file that uses
$LISTOWNER$ and $LISTNAME$ but when I use these I get:

Warning: unrecognised variable "LISTNAME"

Etc. Now as I can't find these I'm prepared to accept they might not exist, but
curiously it is also doing the samething for TPREVMSG, TNEXTMSG and TSLICE all
of which I can find in the documentation and all of which I think I've used
correctly.

So I guess my question is really twofold:

First, are there variables for list owner and name and if so, what are they
called?
Second, How are they defined? Do I need to create an envariable for them and why
do TSLICE etc fail as well?

Thanks,

Neil O'Brien
obrien(_at_)aonix(_dot_)com