mhonarc-users

Re: Monthabr not working correctly with HTML-code

1999-08-25 02:26:08
On August 24, 1999 at 12:55, "Peter Seitz jun." wrote:

<MONTHSABR>
Jan:Feb:M&auml;r:Apr:Mai:Jun:Jul:Aug:Sep:Okt:Nov:Dez
</MONTHSABR>
I guess MHonArc is not parsing the definitions correctly when there
are special caracters like "&" or ";" in the definition field.

Earl, can you please check the perl code or this issue. I asume that
it won't work with the <Month>, <Weekdays> and <WeedkaysAbr> as well
because they use the same subroutine.

I think the problem is in mhrcfile.pl in subroutine get_list_content:

    while (<$filehandle>) {
    last  if /^\s*<\/$gi\s*>/i;
    next  unless /\S/;
    s/\r?\n?$//;
    push(@items, split(/[:;]/, $_));
                         ^^
The ";" is making the troubles. I don't know if it is needed for
anything else.

The ';' is used as a separator for other resources, so ';' was included
(undocumented) for the "list"-type resources for consistancy.  I also
never expected anyone to try to use entity references in something like
MONTHSABR.  But it makes sense.

Just delete the ';' in the regex to split().  I'll removed it for
the next releases, since its use is not documented for the resources
the get_list_content is used.