mhonarc-users

Re: attachments : decode only from web page ?

1999-11-24 08:22:22
At 01:43 PM 11/24/99 +0100, Juan Del Rey wrote:
Hello all,

In order to avoid problems with viruses in attachments, I would like to
unable mhonarc to save attachments as files, but make the attachment is
automatically opened from the link in the message html page.
This would tell mhonarc (or another .pl) to 'decode on the fly' the
attachments in the user's browser. I've seen this feature in the mailman
e-mail->Web, made by endymion
(http://www.endymion.com/portfolio/software/scripts/mailman.htm).

Could anyone tell how to do it , or which perl program could make it
possible ?

What is the risk that visitors performing the download and decode from the
web site will be infected?

Al

In advance, thank you.

Congratulations for Mhonarc, Earl.