mhonarc-users

RE in wilma_termplate.cf

1999-11-25 23:24:59

This is really more of a "wilma" question, if that is inappropriate
here, let me know.

Recently working on setting up a few test archives using the glimpse
mhonarc wilma combination.  I know nothing of the format "wilma" and
"mhonarc"  really expect but MHonArc seems to be doing its part with
out complaint (from the command line).

So far I've fed the setup a couple dozen MH format messages from a MH
inbox.  When I hit the webpage as suggested in the "wilma" README I
get the search interface but any attempt to search gets the message

o The index was not found or is not complete. This is most likely caused
o by the index being generated while you are attempting to use
o it. Please try again in a few minutes.

Pretty sure I have the paths right since wilma_reindex runs without
complaint from the command line when given the "list Name".

Howeve nothing gets indexed and a shell prompt is returned a little to
fast. Glimpse's  .glimpse* files are not produced.  Running glimpse from
the command line works though.

There are two regexps in the conf file ($LIST.cf) that make mention of
a specific date format associated with "majordomo output.  Not sure
what these do exactly but I suspect my files and directory names are
not what they look for.

I hoped a seasoned user might give a definition of what constitures MH
format and what these majordomo generated files look like. The MH
files I have do not have a beginning "From " line, and are numeric
numeric named files..

The two parts of the $LIST.cf file that baffle me are these:

## # [ wilma wilma_reindex ]
## # A Perl regular expression returning the year and month numbers
## # in $1 and $2, respectively, from the HTML archive directory
## # name. Backslashes must be doubled due to configuration variable
## # interpolation.
##
## ARC_REGEX  = ((?:19|20)?\\d\\d)(\\d\\d)$
##
## # [ wilma_reindex ]
## # A Perl regular expression returning the year and month numbers in
## # $1 and $2, respectively, from the mailbox archive name if different
## # than ARC_REGEX. Leave blank if the same. HTML archive directories
## # and archive mailbox links are differientated by those file system
## # attributes. Backslashes must be doubled due to configuration variable
## # interpolation.
##
## #MBOX_REGEX =

What does it mean in perleze to say " A Perl regular expression
returning the year and month numbers in $1 and $2, respectively,.."

What does $1 and $2 refer to?

I tried commenting both out but still no indexing occurs.

Also spent about 2 hr on the MHonArc maillist archive, enough to learn
quite a bit but also to get my head spinning.