mhonarc-users

Subjectstripcode and Threading by subject

2000-02-27 19:43:17
When messages have no References or In-Reply-To fields, MHonArc is
supposed to group messages of the same subject together under the header
<Possible follow-up(s)>. I experienced lately that this feature didn't
work reliably, and I found out that it was because I use the
SUBJECTSTRIPCODE resource to stip a prefix.

This is the Perl expression i used:

        s/\[LIST-NAME\]//;

The simple solution was adding a whitespace character to the expression,
i.e.:

        s/\[LIST-NAME\]\s//;

Earl, maybe this observation should be covered at
http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/resources/subjectstripcode.html?

/ Gunnar