mhonarc-users

report from the trenches, perl compiler

2000-02-29 06:03:47

Hi all,

My archive of linux-kernel hit 112,000 messages.

It was way slow.
It was causing out of memory errors on a 256MB machine.

Rapidly advancing computer hardware wasn't enough. I finally broke
down and switched it to monthly indexing. Works like a charm, of
course.

Anyway, just wanted to report from the trenches that things are well
(or at least the line is holding, albeit with effort). It will be
interesting to see how long I can stay in the scalability game.

Jeff