mhonarc-users

Re: Using mhonarc as a news archiver

2000-03-31 14:20:16
While all is clear with using Mhonarc itself, there is the quesion how
to convert news data into mail data. The only package I could find was
a pretty old Mail2News script written by Rich Salz (The creator of
the INN).

We want to make the archives directly on the server, by accessing the
var/spool/news directory.

What news server are you using?  I have a newsfeeds entry for inn
that will feed incoming messages to a procmail filter, which in turn
can perform Berkeley-style mbox archives as well as feeding the
messages to MHonArc.

Let me know if you want to see it...

- are there any "up to date" mail --> news converters suitable for
news including MIME-style attachments?

I usually just use formail/procmail.

Chris

P.S.  Anyone know where I can get a newsfeed of just

         alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,\
         rec.gardens*,\
         rec.arts.bonsai,\
         bionet.plants*,\
         sci.bio.botany,\
         alt.folklore.herbs

       We lost our feed and our ISP won't let us do anything through
       inn -- we need to use suck or something (which I don't want to
       do).