mhonarc-users

Re: S/MIME and MhOnarc

2000-09-14 01:10:49
Earl Hood wrote:

On September 13, 2000 at 08:28, Aumont wrote:

I'am woorking on the mailing list project "Sympa" which use
mhonarc (and a part of marcsearch). Now, Sympa  is able to verify
S/MIME signature and to distribute encrypted messages to
subscribers.
How can I plug in MhOnarc openssl in order to show  on the web
that the message was signed ? Any suggestion ?

I am not familiar with S/MIME, so I am having problems understanding
exactly what you are asking.

Are you refering to digital singnatures or encrypted messages?

Digital signature and encryption.
For digital signature : When digital signature is verified, it's
not so simple with Mhnarc to include some html (a bolt icon) :
how to give a diference betwin the mhonarc look of a signed message and
the look of a mutipart message forged in order to look like a
signed message mhonarc image ? As you can see in this message,
a signed message contain a application/x-pkcs7-signature attachement.
My mhonarc extract it in a file sufixed ".bin" so
nothing can be done with it when the browser get this file.

Encryption : Sympa store encrypted message in a encrypted form.
The list archive will contain some uncrypted message and some crypted
ones. Crypted message Content-type is application/x-pkcs7-mime
they are also stored by mhonarc on ".bin" files.

How to change this ? How to force link to  x-pkcs7-mime message to
be different from link to others messages ? The URL of this kind
of messages must be https in order to be able to perform strong client
authentication based on client X509 certificat. My idea is to replace
encrypted message page by a page with some information about encryption and a
httpS link to a real image of the message decrypted.

Serge Aumont        Comité Réseaux des Universités
                     Campus Beaulieu
                     35042 Rennes Cedex   +33 2 998 471 47