mhonarc-users

Re: mhonarc on majordomo

2000-11-06 22:15:44
On November 6, 2000 at 16:39, "CRUZ,JOSE (Non-HP-PaloAlto,ex1)" wrote:

We're using majordomo as our mailing list.  Since majordomo does not
converts what he archive to html we are thinking of using mhonarc for this
service.  Would anyone know what to put on my /etc/mail/aliases for mhonarc
to work?  Right now what I'm doing is use majordomo archive then run mhonarc
manually to convert all those email archive majordomo to html then move
these file to our html public directory so we could post it to our web site.

Why not make the job a cron job?  There is no need to do it manually.

Is there a way to do it straight in which once an email was sent to this
list mhonarc will create an archive with html format instantly.

Searching for "sendmail; aliases" gives lots of hits at
<http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/mhonarc/>.

Since you are unfamiliar with sendmail, it is probably safer to use a
crob job to process the majordomo archives or do something like
described at
<http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/faq/archives.html#forward>.
Set up a special user account that is subscribed to the list and
use that account for creating the web archives.