mhonarc-users

Processing of forwarded messages

2001-01-08 05:11:22
In our company, we are beginning to use Mhonarc to archive email. All messages
sent to  folder1(_at_)domain, folder2(_at_)domain(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_) are
caught by a sendmail rule and placed in the box mail2web(_at_)domain(_dot_) A
POP3 retriever written in Perl and Mhonarc produce neat HTML archives.

But sometimes, the sender, especially if he is outside our company, forgets to
put folder(_at_)domain in copy. If we forward the message with our mail user
agent Outlook, it is in fact another message which is sent. So the headers
indicate the forwarder as the sender, the date of the forwarding as the date of
the message, etc.

With Outlook you can also send the initial message as "an element". In fact the
initial message seems to be sent as a MIME part in a new message. Mhonarc
recognizes this type of part and provides the standard output in the message
view.

Can Mhonarc consider the forwarding as an envelop and process the part as the
whole message and index it according its headers ?

- Jean-Philippe Papillon